Welcome To Box1
Welcome To Box1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  viewview  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
FACEBOOK
Latest topics
» Box1 racing announcement
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug - 5:41 by Admin

» MONTY FRANKLIN
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep - 6:01 by Admin

» NURSE TRINA
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep - 6:00 by Admin

» LOTZA TALENT
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug - 10:30 by Guest

» Punters Club No1
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 15:41 by Guest

» * ^* MAD MAG
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 7:55 by Guest

» RANGER BOO BOO
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 7:51 by Guest

» NIGHTLY ASSASSIN
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 7:47 by Guest

» OUTA QUESTIONS
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 7:45 by Guest

» MISS GUCCI
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 7:42 by Guest

Gallery
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Empty
Top posters
Admin
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Vote_lcapPunters Club No1 - Page 8 Voting_barPunters Club No1 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Bunjwiffy
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Vote_lcapPunters Club No1 - Page 8 Voting_barPunters Club No1 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
hobbit
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Visitors to Box 1 Racing

website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Punters Club No1

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jul - 14:58

My bet tonight race 7 no 5 bollenhaegen 30wins 70places
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul - 6:23

WEEK 18 RESULTS

I went ass-up again losing my $100 on Bollenhaegen

Not sure what is happening with Karen ???

2 weeks to go and we are $271 behind

RYAN LEE and BRAD COOK to go this week

Lets hope BRAD's form with his dogs can translate to the punt - I saw Holly won another race and he also got the tri which is a mighty effort - goodwork Brad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul - 19:51

Hey guys. I was chatting to a mate from over east Rob Tyler and asked for his advice regarding a greyhound that would suit racing in WA.
He reckons we could get a dog called Bravado Dos for around 4-5K. This greyhound is ready made for 530m at Cannington and possibly further.
I'll start with the negative and then go through the positives of buying this dog.
A cynic would say Bravado Dos has already had 61 race starts and was whelped in November 2008...why get a dog who has already ran so many races? Well, he's earned over $25,000 but is capable of winning at Cannington on Saturday nights where the prizemoney is much better than Mandurah for most races.
He also has the potential to compete in distance races and can easily gallop over 600m.
He's extremely sound and is still in fairly good form.
Last start he ran 3rd over 600m at The Gardens. He has won at Wentworth Park over 520m. He's an extremely consistent dog who has finished in the top three runners 31 of its 61 starts.
In my opinion, this greyhound could run at least another 20 starts, possibly more and could pick up 2 or 3 Saturday races, on top of other wins.
He doesn't turn 3 until November.
At the moment we still have about 4,700 in the kitty and at the worst after the next two weeks we'll end up with around 4,500.
Please let me know what you guys think. Paul, would definitely like your opinion on this.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul - 3:28

I was keen until I saw its age - only need a few setbacks and you could be looking at having the dog for a very limited amount of runs

but I will go with majorirty if they feel its a good buy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul - 14:55

I can see your point. It's just a good opportunity to get hold of a talented dog for a good price. Had he been 4-5 months younger he would cost about $11-12,000 to buy.

The thing to consider is what grade he'd race at here. His last run was over 600m at The Gardens in grade 5, which if he was placed in grade 5 here he'd win on a Saturday night at Cannington and there's a nice cash return right there.

Grade 4 he'd still be very competitive but if he was placed in grade 3 he'd be outclassed by the likes of Pedrosa and Rockpool.

He's won over 520m at Wenty which is impressive. The fact that he's running week in week out tells me he's been extremely sound. Paul was saying a lot of people are racing their dogs on Wed and Sat nights now, so you can get quite a few runs in over 6-8 months. He can also gallop very well over distance.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul - 21:52

http://www.thedogs.com.au/Racing/MeetResults.aspx?meetId=110147

That was his last start. Ran quite well, some of those runners were a long way back!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul - 13:51

Ryan's bet tonight:

Cannington:

Race 1 No.5 McQueen - 20 wins
Race 2 No.7 Kalden Athena - 20 wins
Allup R1 No.5 into R2 No.7 - 10 wins
Race 4 - Quartet - 1.6 // 1.6.2.8.3 // 1.6.2.8.3 // FD - 20.83% - $25
Race 5 - Quartet - 2.5.6 // 2.5.6 // 2.5.6.1.8 // 2.5.6.1.8 - 69.44% - $25

Fingers crossed for some luck tonight!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 11:43

WEEK 19 RESULTS

RYAN returned us $34 so overall we are -337

This weekend is the last week

Im opening it up to EVERYONE to have a crack if you want - just try not to conflict with some else's bets if they have already posted.

Big finish guys.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 13:50

Aaron Delaporte wrote:
RYAN returned us $34 so overall we are -337
Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Gambling

Apologies to all - was a disgraceful effort by me and my selected dogs (well except for McQueen)

This week could be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul - 21:01

Okay last week of Punters Club. I'm confident these selections will run very well.

I'll start with a $50 All Up WIN on Thursday night at Mandurah

Race 5 - No. 2 (West on Jake) into Race 8 - No. 1 (Made to Measure)

On Saturday night at Cannington I'll go for $50 to WIN

Race 5 - No. 6 (Rock Pool)

Lets hope all three salute the judge!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 12:45

Well done Lyricist - good job with your all up, hopefully we can both go as well.

Fingers crossed for Rock Pool tonight. Avoiding the Pedrosa race, just a race of superstars, way too hard to pick a winner.

Trent and Ryan's bets:

Race 1 No.5 Kalden Athena - $50win
Race 2 No.3 Barney Stinson - $30win
Race 2 Flexi Quartet - 1.3.8/1.3.8/1.2.3.7.8/S3 55.55% - $20.00
Race 7 Flexi Quartet - 3.4.6.8/S1/S1.7/S1 104.16% - $50.00
Race 12 No.6 Gotta Get Get - $50win
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 20:13

We finished the final week off well!

Excellent tipping! I thought the 7 finished fifth in race 2 so I was stoked to come back and find out it was a dead heat. The quartet paid well considering!

Kalden Athena was number 4, not 5, so hope Della picked up on that when he put the $50 on!

Was really pleased with the way Rock Pool went tonight, it will be hard to beat in the final if it races in that kind of form.

Overall I think we all did really well. Hope everyone is keen to put the $$$ into a greyhound because we could all have a lot of fun with that. Should be able to get a pretty good dog for around 4-5K.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul - 9:16

lyricist wrote:
Kalden Athena was number 4, not 5, so hope Della picked up on that when he put the $50 on!
Yeah my bad, hopefully Della saw the name and put it on the right dog.

Did pretty well last night, just Barney Stinson decided to fall out of the boxes!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul - 11:03

well done guys

I have been flat out with things happening over the last few days

hopefully get this all sorted with results later today
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul - 16:56

Ok finally got around to finalising everything

Brilliant effort by Ryan, Trent and Murray to combine for a good win over the weekend making up nearly all the previous losses.

We finished down just $55

which means everyone gets back $495 for the $500 outlay

Have had one person ask for money back which is fine instead of going into a dog share which is no probs

That leaves us with $4950 with 10 shares to find a dog to race

Its a good kitty to work with and Im sure we can find a handy one
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 9:10

Hey guys...just noticed that Andrew McLaren's greyhound Exit Clause is for sale, 4,500 O.N.O.

Compared to what else is for sale around that price this is a pretty good dog. Ran 3rd last night over 490m as favourite and once beat Olivia's Asset by 5.5 lengths when recording the grade 5 record over 490m Kanyana Stake in 27.59.

It says that the dog would be ideally suited to somewhere where the dogs finish on the arm, but even still, this is a dog that is race fit, won't cost $700 to transfer here, is located just around the corner from Paul's place and can run 530m.

Very lightly raced having had only 9 starts for 2 wins, 3 seconds and a third. Could be a good buy, at say $4000.

Let me know what you guys think. Just got put on greyhound.data but I think it will go soon considering what else is for sale at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul - 13:01

Spoke to one of the owners...the dog had three months off after pulling a muscle but is perfectly sound and fully fit now. He stated that the reasons for selling is that they have a lot of dogs coming through and are therefore selling some of the race dogs, plus he feels that the dog does not always chase as hard as it should. When it does chase to its full potential, it runs super times, they just feel he would do that more consistently if he was chasing somewhere he could finish on the arm.
I don't know what the key is to getting a dog to always have his mind on chasing hard, but you'd imagine this dog would still win plenty of races due to his ability.
For 4K and no travel expenses could be worth it, and the other $950 could be placed in the kitty as insurance in case he does need any more time off.
Just seems to be a lot quicker when right than a lot of other dogs for sale between 5-9K on greyhounds.data
Was kind of expecting them to say he broke a toe or something. Anyway worth thought.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul - 15:22

Looked quite good at his first few starts, but can see what they mean about not chasing that hard lately.

Seems to be losing the plot about the 450-500m in his races now!

Given the way Monty Franklin was all over him two starts ago, not sure what this dog would need to be competitive again.

He is certainly capable of fast times, but he hasn't done it his last four or so starts. And he is getting run down lately, think he would make a top notch 405m sprinter!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 3:23

Appears to have been sold

We are keeping eyes and ears at the ready to find a good dog

POOL now $4455 - another member has returned from holidays and asked for a refund
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 20:41

It's definitely tricky trying to find the most suitable greyhound to purchase. There are so many variables and I guess if you had $20K you could be 100% picky and get exactly what you want.

I've been checking out all the sales, watching race replays, reading stewards reports etc...

For example, there was a dog called Citrine on sale for 5.5K. Watched its last start, thinking it must have suffered interference. Instead it jumped quickly but about 2/3 of the way through the race it stopped chasing and caused all kinds of troubles...and they want 5.5K!

Just watched the replay of a bitch called Surf on Tap who is for sale for 4.5K. She was $2.20 fav at the Gardens on a wet night, blew the start from box 1, mustered quite quickly, was always struggling to get through the other greyhounds, got pushed wide, should have finished about 6th or 7th but finished 4th. She's had 14 starts for 4 wins and is a Surf Lorian bitch.

It would be great to get a dog because they don't go on season, but she's the best find I could see on any of the sites at the moment. It's hard to know what 4.5K can get you, being so young she should have a lot of racing left in her.

By the way I was just reflecting on Howard's Puzzle who earned 8K and about 5 of that here...seen some dogs on Edog form that have raced over east, been a lot faster and still only managed career totals of 5 or 6K. I think we have more in our favour racing eastern states dogs over here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 4:13

Hi Murray,

Yeah we need to be a bit patient and also very lucky.

Desperado was bought for $1,500 won $8k & Nurse Trina was bought for $2k plus travel and has won nearly $14k - so it is possible to find a decent cheapie.

Paul is moving into a new property this weekend, hopefully can get settled in well and quickly enough.

After that we will really be on the hunt to find a dog then - Im sure it wont be too long.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 8:43

stay clear of greyhound data and internet sites for dogs to buy, ive made a carrer out of buying cheap dogs, 1000, 1500, dollar dogs, and winning 10-20k with them.... get foxtel, your phone, wsatch races and ring and offer money, its the only way to go.. yes alot will say no, but alot will also say yes.....coco joe, halipino harry, ledaro holly, ledaro splash, defector, all around the 1k mark and have been great monry spinners for the owners
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 8:50

thanks brad

how go you find out the owners contact details in those cases?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 17:27

buy an ngf an get the state controlling bodys phone number and start crunching numbers... ngf has owners details, and most states will either give u a number or give urs to them.. sometimes when u ring someone they may say, na i dont want to sell.. BUT i have one here u can buy, and next thing u know, youve got a handy little buy!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 15:41

The tip that was given to me in regards to finding a dog that can race over the 530m at Cannington is to look for something that can run around 30.4 at Albion Park.

An example would be Hot Tiger, who ran 30.48 when winning last start. This dog was whelped in April 09, is by Bit Chilli and has had 21 starts for 5 wins, 3 seconds and 3 thirds.

Would be interesting to see how much the owners would value this dog at. If it was mine I'd say about 7K but you never know, has already won over 5K.

Like Brad said it's worth asking if you see something you like, the worst people can say is no and often they do have other dogs if the one you like is out of your price range.

The best thing about young dogs is that they have the potential to improve. Some trainers deliberately race young dogs over their perfect race weight and then race them into that weight over their first 5 or 6 starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punters Club No1   Punters Club No1 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punters Club No1
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GREYHOUND RACING :: THE PUNTERS CLUB-
Jump to: